Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people’s lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare.
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Marketing Manager located in Dallas, TX
In this role, you will be responsible for managing and delivering the Mission Advancement department’s marketing plan targeting major, principal and planned giving donors, prospects and professional advisors. Responsible for implementing and managing the day-to-day activities of the marketing plan, including a strong charitable estate planning acquisition budget that covers both national and localized marketing efforts. Responsible for ensuring a data-driven program with analysis and iterative approaches based on testing, as well as for reporting results and return on investment.
Strong marketing background and ability to manage to deadline a must. Hands-on experience desired in development and execution of marketing plans including major, principal, and planned donor types, with donations from individuals, foundations, corporations, and other grantors/investors. Collaboration is key with the many resources and partners across the AHA, including internal and external agency partners to achieve success.
Essential Job Duties:
• Develops and implements the year-round Mission Advancement national omnichannel marketing plan, which will effectively market the American Heart Association’s mission and will educate the public about top giving areas for charitable estate planning products, major and principal gifts.
• Develop, recommend strategy, and actively monitor for highest return on investment in Charitable Estate Planning marketing spend, as well as marketing AHA Giving Societies. Execute quality marketing program through various mediums, such as direct mail, newsletters (printed and electronic), telemarketing, websites, paid advertising, focus groups, emails, social media messages, etc. with the purpose of generating quality inquiries and retaining existing donors and partners.
• Writes and oversees content of specific articles, advertisements and donor stories that advance and achieve the Mission Advancement marketing plan, including internal publications such as Heart Insights and Stroke Connections magazines.
• Oversees measurement, monitoring and analytics of marketing plan. Provides regular status of the Mission Advancement marketing plan and the effective use of the related budget, as well as internal and external metrics. Provides consultation as needed for Blackbaud CRM or other platforms and projects as requested. Oversees the development of marketing business standards, which also includes the implementation of the standards and training of staff.
• Pursues, cultivates and builds a network of business relationships and alliances with internal departments and external organizations and vendors to develop integration opportunities, advertisements, donor profile stories, brochures, mail pieces, email campaigns and other messages and materials in support of marketing plan objectives.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
• Five (5) years of experience in developing and implementing marketing campaigns
• Five (5) years of experience with the non-profit environment, working with donors or volunteers
• Three (3) years of the following experience:
• Experience working and communicating with the senior aged population
• Ability to prioritize assigned projects/tasks and manage to deadlines
• Ability to develop and oversee marketing budget
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Demonstrated effectiveness in building internal relationships, managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
• Solid computer skills with the capability to master new software applications and technologies. Excellent Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required.
• Experience in estate planning
Click on “New Resume” (or “Existing Resume” if you have previously applied to AHA positions) to submit your online application. Only those deemed most qualified will be contacted to interview.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.