The Human Resources Department seeks an incumbent to lead the Recruitment and Selection (R&S) unit activities and staff to ensure highly efficient, service oriented delivery in the area of R&S. Key areas include: international and local recruitment of faculty and staff, advisory and orientation programming for new faculty.
• Recruitment programs provide qualified faculty and staff to support the university’s mission. Provisions of business partner/advisory services to managers and leaders on issues pertaining to human resource management.
• Provides direction to the extensive international and local recruitment programs and staff in ensuring that the university recruitment processes are successful in engaging quality faculty and staff.
• Acts as a resource to the departments on recruitment planning and resourcing
• Ensures on-going improvement and implementation of best practice recruitment strategies appropriate for ZU’s environment and situation including cost effectiveness, selection process, timeliness and candidate focus.
• Manages the smooth intake of employees from acceptance to arrival on campus.
• Ensures that the online application system is operating effectively.
• Partner with the Dean/Directors to influence and implement the recruitment of UAE Nationals.
• Partner with the line organizations to define staffing requirements
• Develop local relationships and coordinate with local regional search partners.
• Track progress against the staffing plan and update line organization to ensure needs are met.
• Designs the selection matrix for choosing the optimum recruitment channel and recruitment source
• Conducts job interviews for the managerial job positions (or key jobs in the organization)
• Ensure that all vacancies are filled by qualified UAE Nationals, unless an approval has been obtained for hiring a non-national.
• Ensure that a ready pool of qualified UAE Nationals is available
• Develop and implement a strategy and a plan to support the Emiratization mandate set by the PMO and approved by ZU management.
• Support line with the on-boarding of all new hires (the staffing process is not complete until the new hire has been fully on-boarded).
• Maintain the successful orientation programs for new faculty and continue to make ongoing improvements.
• Design, develop and implement a recruitment strategy and plan in line with the mission and vision of the HC Department and ZU.
• Align Recruitment activities with ZU approved positions. Liaises with the Finance Department, CAFO and Faculty Affairs Office in case complement and associated budgetary matters need to be reviewed and updated.
• Oversee the coordination of appointment action items for approval.
• Ensure R&O management reports are designed and implemented on a regular basis to meet operational needs and decision making.
• Ensure R&S processes, systems and practices continually improve in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and timeliness and serve the evolving needs of the University.
• Ensure that Oracle, iRecruit is being developed and enhanced to fit all goals of the Recruitment function.
• Should possess 10 years of HR experience and a Master’s degree in a human resources or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Extensive recruitment experience is essential.
• Evidence of successful management and supervisory experience leading HR teams and/or initiatives.
• Fluency in Arabic & English
• Ability to travel between Abu Dhabi and Dubai
• Middle East experience an asset.
• Experience in the academic field.