While we search for the best home insurance companies, today we are going to review “Allstate Insurance For Homeowners”.
Allstate Insurance is one of the most recognizable insurers in America. Founded as an automobile insurance company in 1931, Allstate has since branched out to provide other products, such as homeowners insurance. Allstate’s residential fire insurance policy, the precursor to today’s Allstate insurance for homeowners, was introduced in 1954.
Is Allstate a good choice for home insurance? The company boasts an excellent reputation for customer service and a wide array of coverages. Allstate Insurance For Homeowners is worth considering. When it comes to your home, you have to be confident in its protection. The company has issued around 113 million policies to 16 million customers throughout the country.
Coverage of Allstate insurance for homeowners is available nationwide with competitive rates, a wide range of coverage options, a robust mobile app, and quotes are easy to obtain using convenient online tools. Consumers insuring their homes through Allstate may be eligible for a number of discounts. However, the prices for Allstate home insurance are slightly higher than its competitors.
About Allstate Insurance Company
All of your assets are worth protecting. Since insurance is one of the most important components of your financial picture. Originally founded in 1931 as a car insurance provider. Is Allstate a good insurance company? Today, Allstate is the second-largest homeowners insurance company in the United States. It has grown to offer insurance for auto, home, renters, motorcycles, business and life to some 16 million households.
If you’re looking for a well-known company that can provide all of your policies, Allstate might be a good fit. Allstate offers both extensive, industry-standard coverage and a variety of significant add-on options, along with many opportunities for insurance discounts. You can get an Allstate insurance homeowners policy quote online or talk to a local agent to go over your alternatives.
It continues to innovate, offering a wide range of unique technological tools to its customers. Allstate also offers affordable insurance products through its other companies, such as Encompass and Esurance. It serves customers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C, offering all types of insurance coverages.
Allstate Home Insurance Coverage
What coverages does Allstate offer? When you apply for Allstate Insurance For Homeowners, Allstate offers several standard types of homeowners insurance although underwriters may vary by state., alongside a range of additional coverage add-ons to help supplement your Allstate insurance for homeowners. The company offers the following coverage options:
- Standard Coverage Plan
- Optional Coverage Plan
Homeowners Insurance Standard Coverage Options from Allstate
Allstate offers standard homeowners insurance policies such as Dwelling coverage, liability protection and others. Here’s what you can expect to be included in its standard coverage:
Dwelling coverage, also known as home structure coverage, helps protect the elements of the physical structure of your homes, such as walls and roofs. This covers the cost of repairing or replacing the home’s interior and exterior. This coverage also includes attached structures, such as a garage or sunroom.
It can also cover a structure that’s attached to your home, like an attached garage. in addition to any other structures on the property, such as a shed or fence. In case of damage from causes such as fire, theft, vandalism, lightning, hail, and wind. Allstate insurance for homeowners will repair or replace the insured structure.
Dwelling coverage limits usually amount to the total appraised value of the house. It can also include additional living expenses in case your structure is deemed uninhabitable until repairs are complete. Allstate encourages policyholders to carry at least 100 per cent of the replacement cost for the dwelling coverage.
Allstate Liability protection coverage helps protect you if you or a family member are sued for accidental injury or property damage. If you or your family member is sued for accidental property, this covers attorney fees, court fees, and any damages resulting from someone being injured on your property.
It pays for property damage and injuries to others (such as a guest who falls on your sidewalk). For example, liability insurance can help cover costly legal defence fees, settlement fees and more if someone is injured in your home and you’re found legally responsible.
The limits for liability coverage are customizable with a few options that usually fall between $100,000 and $1 million. Liability coverage is set by personal preference or agent recommendation.
Personal property coverage
Allstate Personal property coverage covers the cost replacement of personal possessions, including clothing, electronics, and furniture. Allstate’s default amount of personal property coverage is usually a smaller percentage of the dwelling coverage i.e unless you adjust this coverage, your personal property will be covered at a lower level.
Personal property coverage limits with Allstate are typically around 75% of the dwelling amount listed in the policy. Allstate allows you to choose between actual cash value and replacement cost;
- Actual cash value: Covers the cost of replacing your belongings, considering the amount they’ve decreased in value over time
- Replacement cost coverage: Covers the cost to purchase new items of equivalent quality at the time a claim is filed.
Guest medical protection
Allstate Guest medical protection coverage covers the medical expenses if someone (a guest) is injured in your home or around your property and is accidental. This is not Coverage that is intended to protect against all medical costs you’re liable for after an accident. The maximum coverage for this type of protection is usually somewhere between $1,000 and $10,000 per person.
Covered medical expenses include things like:
- Surgical procedures
- Dental work
- Ambulance rides
- Hospital stays
Optional Coverage Options from Allstate
A standard Allstate insurance homeowners policy might not quite cover all the things you love in and around your home. Allstate offers a number of optional, add-on coverage types for Allstate insurance for homeowners customers. Depending on your state, you may be able to add optional additional or expanded coverage.
You can choose from all kinds of optional coverage to better protect the things you love most. Such as protection against rate increases due to claims, or extended coverage for the roof.
- Identity theft restoration: When your identity is taken over by a thief and you have to fix the problem. The Identity theft restoration, covers the cost legal fees, lost wages and others costs associated with identity theft or fraud. Identity Theft Restoration coverage is available as an option with your Allstate home insurance.
- Water backup: When water damage caused by clogged drains or sump pump failure, the Water backup covers the cost of replacement. Allstate insurance for homeowners offers a wide range of coverage options for damage from a water backup, up to $50,000 in extra protection.
- Scheduled personal property: Covers valuable personal belongings, including engagement rings, jewelry, antiques, and more.
- Business property: If you run a small business from home, the Business Property plan, increases limits for business-related items stored in your home, like inventory. Covers computers and other home office equipment or equipment.
- Sports equipment: This is an optional coverage option for expensive sports equipment, some of which would normally be scheduled, such as golf gear, and some that would not, such as kayak equipment and more.
- Green improvement reimbursement: Increases coverage to upgrade appliances with more energy-efficient uses after a loss. Covers the additional cost of replacing damaged or destroyed covered items with more energy-efficient items
- Yard and garden: This provides expanded coverage for damage beyond the standard home insurance limits. if you have expensive trees, shrubs and other landscaping, it raises your limits. Covers trees, landscaping, and ornamental planning, or adds coverage for lawn equipment.
- Electronic data recovery: This covers the cost of recovering lost computer data, including photos and videos. i.e., to pay for lost photos, videos or other files on your personal computer.
- Musical instruments: Expanded insurance for valuable musical instruments. Increases coverage for items like guitars, violins and more.
Cost of Allstate insurance for homeowners (Allstate home insurance rates)
The average annual cost of Allstate insurance for homeowners is about $1,312 for a $250,000 home, according to data from Bankrate. Allstate insurance homeowners policy rates were a few dollars less than the national average but higher than two of its competitors in this mini-analysis. Keep in mind that Allstate Insurance For Homeowners costs can be influenced by a variety of common and more surprising factors, including:
- Your credit history, where legally allowed
- Your location
- Home security system
- Your claims history
- The distance between your house and a fire hydrant
- Age of home, plumbing, electrical and heating
- Home rebuilding costs
- Your policy’s limits and deductibles etc
Below is the data from a quote placed for a single-family home in Houston, Texas of roughly 2,200 square feet.
|Type of Coverage||Amount of Coverage|
|Loss of use||$33,244|
|Medical payments to others||$1,000 per person|
|Deductible||$2,500 for windstorm/hail/all other perils, $6,648.74 for tropical cyclone|
From the above data, Allstate’s monthly cost is $302 which is significantly higher than the national average of $101, according to the Insurance Information Institute.
Allstate insurance for homeowners comparison
We compared Allstate insurance homeowners quote and found that Allstate generally charges higher prices for insurance than its competitors. Here’s how Allstate insurance homeowners policy compares to some other top competitors for home insurance rates.
|Insurance Company||Average annual home insurance cost|
Allstate Home Insurance Discounts
Discounts are a great way to save money. Allstate offers a variety of ways to save on Allstate Insurance For Homeowners. Allstate offers discounts on policies, even more than other national competitors. With 25% off if you bundle both home and auto insurance, Allstate offers one of the best multi-policy discounts.
Allstate offers a number of discounts that can help make its coverage more affordable and help reduce the cost of Allstate Insurance For Homeowners coverage which differ by state. Homeowners can save on their premiums via the following options:
- Multi-policy: Bundle two or more Allstate policies together, such as allstate insurance homeowners policy and auto insurance policy or allstate insurance homeowners policy and life insurance policy, and you could earn significant savings. You can get a discount of up to 25% if you bundle your auto and home policies. It is perfect for homeowners who already have a car insurance policy with Allstate.
- Early-signing: This is a discount for new customers who sign up for a policy at least one week before their existing policy expires. Many people only look to change insurance companies when their current policy is up for renewal. But if you can, sign up for a policy with Allstate a minimum of seven days before your current one expires and receive a 10% discount. This is great for homeowners looking to change providers and those who want to shop ahead of time for their next home insurance policy.
- Easy pay plan: Those who enroll in autopay will earn a 5% discount. If you sign up for automatic premium payments, you’ll receive a discount on your premiums. An auto-pay program to pay your premium directly from your bank account. This discount is a great way to save extra, help ensure you make payments on-time, and avoid any late payment penalties.
- Claim-Free Discount: Claims cost insurance companies money, so when you don’t file claims, Allstate will reward you. Policyholders may be able to receive up to 20% off their premium if there are no recent home insurance claims when switching to Allstate.
- Home buyer discount: This discount is for customers with newly constructed homes or customers who recently purchased their home. If you buy a home that has just been built, you will get a new home discount. Recent home buyers and those purchasing a policy for a new construction home will receive a discount. This discount can also be applied to other recent home purchases in certain situations and is ideal for those shopping for a policy on their new house.
- Safe Home Discount: Get a discount for having a hail-resistant roof, sporting storm shutters, or being smoke-free. Safety features such as a security system will qualify the home for an insurance discount.
- Welcome and loyalty discount: Customers who switch to Allstate will receive this discount. You may be able to get a discount just for being a new customer at Allstate. It remains in effect for every year the homeowner stays with Allstate and renews their policy.
- Age 55 and retired: This discount is for qualifying older people in retirement. Allstate will reward you with a home insurance savings if you are older and spend your days away from a workplace.
- Protective Device Discount: Homeowners will receive a discount if their home has a fire alarm, backup generator, burglar alarm system, or other qualifying fire or theft protection device.
- Smoke-free: Homeowners who don’t smoke, since smoking indoors can be dangerous receives discounts from Allstate.
- Storm shutter: if your home is located near the coast or is in an area with a higher risk of storms, installing storm shutters is a great way to lower your premiums.
- Roof: For homeowners who have weather-resistant roofs receives a discount from Allstate.
- Home alarm: if policyholders have safety features, such as monitored burglar or fire alarms, installed in their home. This discount allows them to save money.
Reviews of allstate homeowners insurance
Allstate is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau, but the company does hold an A+ rating from the organization. The National Association of Insurance Commissioners collects complaint information from state insurance regulators.
Allstate insurance for homeowners had more than the expected number of complaints to state regulators relative to its size for home insurance, according to data from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. It scored a 0.36 (A score of less than 1 means a company has a less than an average number of complaints) on the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Complaint Index.
The Nationwide Insurance subsidiary rated here may not be the subsidiary that underwrites your insurance policy. Allstate Insurance For Homeowners receives solid reviews from a number of industry experts. Allstate enjoys a good reputation for customer service, which is supported by J.D. Power’s recent studies. J.D. Power ranked it sixth out of the 23 insurers featured in its 2020 U.S.
Reviews of Allstate homeowners insurance are based on customer satisfaction in regards to policy pricing, interactions, policy information and offerings, the billing process, and the claims experience. However, Home Insurance Study and gave it a score of 829 out of 1,000 — above the average score of 823. Allstate’s site makes it easy to file and track claims, get a quote and pay your bill.
However, some customers reviews of Allstate homeowners insurance on the site have given Allstate Insurance For Homeowners just over 1 out of 5 stars. A.M. Best also gave Allstate either an “A” or “A+” Financial Strength Rating, with ratings varying slightly depending on the subsidiary.
|J.D. Power 2021 Home Insurance Study||#10 out of 22 insurers|
|National Association of Insurance Commissioners||scored a 0.36|
|J.D. Power 2021 Property Claims Satisfaction Study||#9 out of 20 insurers|
|J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Insurance Digital Experience||Service: #5 out of 20 insurers Shopping: #8 out of 23 insurers|
Allstate billing address for homeowners insurance
There are a few ways to make payments for Allstate Insurance For Homeowners. You could pay online or Enroll for autopay through your bank. Also, you can Mail a check or money order. Use the address listed on your bill. Overnight payments, mail to: Allstate Payments 1501 N Plano Rd Suite 100 Richardson, TX 75081.
Also, you can pay your bill by phone i.e. Call 1-800-901-1732 anytime, to use our automated pay-by-phone system.
Phone number for Allstate home insurance
You can contact the general phone number of Allstate insurance for homeowners 24/7 at 800-676-5456. Local agents are available via phone at various hours—typically 24/7. You can also send an email through Allstate’s website contact form, via its app. To file a claim, you can call 800-669-2214.
Allstate home insurance Pros and Cons
Allstate Insurance is one of the most recognizable insurers in America. Originally founded in 1931 as a car insurance provider. The company handles all types of insurance such as homeowners insurance. The company boasts an excellent reputation for customer service and a wide array of coverages. Let’s compare the advantages and disadvantages of Allstate Insurance For Homeowners.
|Available nationwide||Agent experience varies|
|Wide range of coverage and policies||Higher prices than average|
|Offers both in-person and online customer service tools||The Additional Living Expenses, or Loss of Use, coverage is capped at a set percentage of the Dwelling coverage rather than covering the total loss incurred.|
|Allstate offers many discounts that can be applied to your home insurance policy.||More than the expected number of complaints to state regulators.|
|Ability to see if you’ve been part of any data breaches through its mobile app.||No option to add guaranteed or extended replacement cost coverage|
|No banned dog list for most homeowners||If you hope to bundle, Allstate insurance for homeowners has below-average customer satisfaction rankings|
|Highly ranked for digital service with easy online quote process in many states|
How to buy Allstate Insurance for homeowners (buying Guide)
Allstate allows customers to purchase Allstate insurance homeowners quote online, over the phone or through an agent. The tips below will help you get started.
Allstate offers standard policies and additional policies to help supplement customers who need more. By estimating your potential coverage, you would be able to decide whether you would be needing an additional policy or if the standard policy would just be sufficient.
Take stock of your belongings and how much it would replace them. These include all furniture, electronic devices, clothing, jewellery and household items in order to ensure you have sufficient personal property coverage.
Evaluate rates between Allstates and other home insurance providers. When evaluating rates, make sure each insurer is offering the same limits and deductibles.
The cheapest option isn’t always the best option. Although it may seem tempting simply to choose the cheapest option, look at how many consumer complaints each insurer has before choosing a policy especially reviews of Allstate homeowners insurance.
How to Make a Home Insurance Claim with Allstate
How do I file a homeowners insurance claim? Allstate utilizes a multi-channel approach for claims, making it as easy as possible to start the process. Customers may wish to reach out to their insurance agent directly. However, your agent may only be available during normal business hours. You can file a claim online, whether or not you have established an Allstate account. There are several ways to file an Allstate Insurance claim:
- Call claims representatives 24/7 at 800-669-2214 to file and track claims over the phone. This is help when don’t have your agent’s contact information, or can’t access your phone or computer.
- Contact your local agent, who will walk you through the next steps, which include evaluating your home and estimating damages and/or repairs
- Use your online account or the mobile app, which allows you to upload photos of a claim
- Log into your account online
After filling a claim, Homeowners will receive a tracking number, which can be used in all claims-related communications moving forward as well as to track the claim. The sooner you file the claim, the sooner Allstate can start work on it. When filing your claim, provide as much information as you can about the incident that prompted the claim.
Allstate Home Insurance Alternatives
Allstate is a huge insurance company that you might want to consider for your home insurance. However, here are some of the best homeowners insurance which are alternatives of Allstate Insurance for Homeowners;
- Statefarm home owners insurance
- USAA homeowners insurance
- Geico homeowners insurance
- Nationwide homeowners insurance
what is Allstate deluxe homeowners policy? we will discuss this in our next post.
How do I file a homeowners insurance claim?
Allstate utilizes a multi-channel approach for claims, making it as easy as possible to start the process. However, your agent may only be available during normal business hours. You can file a claim online, whether or not you have established an Allstate account.
What company has the cheapest homeowners insurance?
We compared Allstate insurance homeowners quote and found that Allstate generally charges higher prices for insurance than its competitors
Is Allstate a good choice for home insurance?
Allstate Insurance is one of the most recognizable insurers in America. It scored a 0.36 (A score of less than 1 means a company has a less than an average number of complaints) on the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Complaint Index.
Does Allstate insure homes in Florida?
Yes. It serves customers in all 50 states including Florida. Allstate also offers affordable insurance products through its other companies, such as Encompass and Esurance.
Is Allstate a good insurance company?
If you’re looking for a well-known company that can provide all of your policies, Allstate might be a good fit. Allstate offers both extensive, industry-standard coverage and a variety of significant add-on options, along with many opportunities for insurance discounts.
What coverages does Allstate offer?
When you apply for Allstate Insurance For Homeowners, Allstate offers several standard types of homeowners insurance including dwelling coverage, liability protection and others.
That’s the end of our guide on Allstate Insurance For Homeowners.