The media team of the Presidential Campaign Council of the APC has embarked on an international media tour to defend the outcome of the 2023 presidential election won by its candidate, Bola Tinubu.
The team, headed by the Minister of Labour and Employment (State) Festus Keyamo, held a press briefing at the National Press Center in Washington D.C on Wednesday.
Mr Keyamo, who served as the spokesperson of the campaign council, told journalists that the irregularities and violence recorded happened at less than one per cent of the total polling units, therefore, not sufficient to change the outcome of the election.
The reports of some irregularities and violence in some polling units could not have affected the overall outcome of the elections too.
There are 176,974 polling units in Nigeria and infractions and violence were recorded in less than one per cent of these units, he said.
- The international dimension of Nigerias presidential election
- Buhari, 20 governors lost their states Mr Keyamo
- Share this
Support PREMIUM TIMES’ journalism of integrity and credibility
- Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
- For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
- By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!