The minister said this on Thursday in Abuja against the backdrop of a video on Napoli’s official TikTok, which appeared to mock Super Eagles forward Victor Osimhen for missing a penalty kick during Napoli’s 0-0 draw with Bologna in a recent Serie A match.
Osimhen threatened to sue Napoli FC for the post, but the post has now been deleted.
He said he was committed to rallying support for Osimhen, Tobi Amusan and other Nigerian athletes who might need encouragement.
“Moreso, my office is making efforts to reach Victor Osimhen directly as well so as to understand first-hand what the issues are. We are committed to establishing the facts of the matter,” he said.
The minister said he was saddened by the video and the travails of Tobi Amusan, whom he claimed to have tried to reach last week.
Share this article with individuals who can contribute depth to the discussion.