Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, was last week detained in London by the United Kingdom immigration officials for alleged impersonation.
This was made known in a statement issued Wednesday by the Head, ObiDatti Media, Diran Onifade.
Mr Onifade however said Peter Obi has since returned to Nigeria.
The LP presidential candidate in the February 25 presidential poll arrived at the Heathrow Airport in London from Nigeria on Good Friday, April 7, 2023, and joined the queue for the necessary Airport protocols when he was accosted by immigration officials who handed him a detention note and told him to step aside, Mr Onifade said.
According to the statement, Peter Obi was harassed by London immigration officials and placed in detention where he spent the Easter holidays.
He was questioned for a long time and it was very strange for a man who lived for over a decade in that country, the statement said.
- Possible implication for Peter Obi
- Possible plot against Peter Obi by government
- Existing scourge
- ALSO READPeter Obi speaks on treason allegation
- Share this
Support PREMIUM TIMES’ journalism of integrity and credibility
- Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
- For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
- By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!