Erik ten Hag’s side, who dominated most of last week’s first leg at Old Trafford, could only manage three shots on target as they were outplayed and outfought by a team who are struggling at the wrong end of the LaLiga table.
Meanwhile, Sevilla, who knocked United out of the Champions League in 2018 and the Europa League in 2020, are into the semifinals as they chase a seventh Europa League title.
513 PM ETRob DawsonCorrespondent FacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmail
SEVILLE, Spain Manchester United endured a disastrous night in Spain as they were dumped out of the Europa League by Sevilla.
United were thumped 30 at the Ramon SanchezPizjuan Stadium as they lost their quarterfinal tie 52 on aggregate.
Youssef EnNesyri scored twice after taking advantage of calamitous mistakes from Harry Maguire and then David de Gea either side of Loic Bade’s header.
- Rapid reaction
- Editor’s Picks
- Man United’s takeover explained What to know about the bidders, fan backlash and what’s next1dRob Dawson
- Salah is king of Premier League lefties Liverpool star breaks record for most leftfooted goals3dChris Wright
- Messi, Gundogan, Thuram among top free agents to sign this summer7dTorKristian Karlsen
- Best and worst performers
- Highlights and notable moments
- After the match What the managers and players said
- Key stats (provided by ESPN Stats Information research)
- 1. United only have themselves to blame for a shock European exit
- 2. Maguire makes a strong case to move on
- 3. Sevilla love the Europa League
- Best Ivan Rakitic, MF, Sevilla
- Best Youssef EnNesyri, ST, Sevilla
- Best Loic Bade, DF, Sevilla
- Worst Harry Maguire, DF, Man United
- Worst Jadon Sancho, FW, Man United
- Worst David De Gea, GK, Man United
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!