Study In Canada With Fully Funded Dalhousie University Computer Science Scholarships for International Students
Over the past few years, Dalhousie University has been recognized as one of Canada’s top 20 universities with high research activity.
If you are looking for a place where you can grow academically and personally while enjoying the vibrant city life of Halifax, you should take a look at this scholarship opportunity.
Study computer science at Dalhousie University and get up to $42,000 CAD per year in scholarship funding!
Apply now for a fully funded scholarship from Dalhousie University Computer Science Scholarships for International Students 2022-23.
Here is a break down of what we will be covering today.
About the Dalhousie University
The Dalhousie University is located in the city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. It is known for being one of the top universities in North America and it offers students a lot of benefits such as the ability to study abroad at some point during their degree if they wish to do so. It has an excellent reputation within the field of Computer Science and it’s been ranked as one of the top universities in that area by multiple sources including Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
The university offers a wide range of programs that are sure to fit your needs whether you’re looking to get into software development or maybe even start your own business venture; all you need is determination and an open mind! Students from all around the world are welcome here so don’t hesitate to apply if this sounds like something you’d be interested in; we promise it’ll be worth your while!
Admission Requirements for International Students
The Department of Computer Science at Dalhousie University welcomes applications from international students. In order to be considered for admission, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related field;
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C++ or Java;
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of computer architecture (e.g., Von Neumann architecture);
- Strong communication skills in English (written and spoken).
Please note that meeting these requirements does not guarantee admission; admissions decisions are based on a holistic assessment of each candidate’s file based on their ability to succeed at the University
How much does it cost to Study Computer Science in Dalhousie University?
The cost of studying at Dalhousie University is extremely high. In comparison to other universities in Canada, the cost of living at Dalhousie is much higher than other institutions.
The estimated cost for an application fee and tuition fee is $12,000 CAD per year. There are also many other fees that students need to pay during their studies such as library fees ($100/year), technology fees ($50/semester), lab fees ($200/semester), etc…
Students who want to study Computer Science at Dalhousie University should prepare themselves financially before applying because it’s going to be quite expensive!
Dalhousie University Computer Science Scholarships for International Students
The Dalhousie University offers fully funded scholarships to international students who are studying Computer Science. The importance of getting a free scholarship is that it will allow you to focus on your education instead of worrying about how you’re going to pay for it. Also, who can get a free scholarship from the Dalhousie University to study Computer Science?
- Students who have been accepted into the Masters of Computer Science program at Dalhousie University
- Students who are from countries other than Canada (i.e., USA, China, etc.)
Requirements to Apply for Dalhousie University Computer Science Scholarships for International Students
In order to apply for the Computer Science Scholarships for International Students at Dalhousie University, students must:
1. Be enrolled as an undergraduate student at a university outside of Canada and have completed at least one semester of study with a GPA of 3.5 or higher;
2. Have declared Computer Science as your major;
3. Not be related to any member of the scholarship committee (i.e., they cannot be your parents, siblings, spouse or children);
4. Not have any criminal record; and
5. Submit a 500-word essay describing why you think it’s important to learn how to code.
How to Apply for Dalhousie University Computer Science Scholarships for International Students?
The application process for Dalhousie University Computer Science Scholarships for International Students is fairly straightforward.
To apply, students must email the following information to [email protected] by March 15th:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Highest level of education attained (e.g., BSc in Computer Science)
- A one-page résumé highlighting relevant skills and accomplishments (e.g., coding projects)
- A one-page essay on why you deserve this scholarship (e.g., list your financial needs, describe any hardships you’ve faced, etc.)
Available Dalhousie University Computer Science Scholarships for International Students
We know that studying abroad can be expensive. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of scholarships available for Computer Science students at Dalhousie University.
- The CS Fund – This fund is dedicated to helping students who have demonstrated an interest in computer science but may not have the means to continue their education without some financial assistance. The amount of funding given varies based on need, with no upper limit on how much you can receive.
- Women in Tech Scholarship – This scholarship is open to women who are currently enrolled in or have been accepted into a Bachelor of Computer Science program at Dalhousie University. Applicants must demonstrate leadership qualities and have an interest in promoting diversity and inclusion within the tech industry. The award amount depends on the recipient’s family income but will never exceed $5,000 CAD per academic year (9 months).
- Deshpande Foundation Scholarship – This scholarship is open to international students from India who are enrolled in or have been accepted into a full-time undergraduate program at Dalhousie University’s Faculty of Computer Science or its School of Computing Arts and Technology (SCAT). Students must demonstrate financial need and have a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 scale to be considered for this award; however, no maximum award amount has been set as of yet so keep an eye out for updates!
- The APIC Computer Science Scholarship: This award is given based on your academic performance and community involvement. The amount varies depending on the amount of applicants who meet the criteria.
- The Distinguished Student Award: This award is given based on both your academic performance and community involvement. The amount is $2,000 CAD per year (taxable).
- The Women in Technology Scholarship: This award recognizes women who are studying computer science or related disciplines such as math or physics. The amount is $1,000 CAD per year (taxable).
- The New Venture Competition: This award encourages entrepreneurship within the student body by providing funding for new ideas and projects. First place receives $5,000 CAD; second place receives $3,000 CAD; third place receives $1,000 CAD; other participants receive smaller amounts based on their rank in the competition.
Best Work and Study Job Opportunities for International Students Studying at Dalhousie University
The Dalhousie University has many part-time jobs available for international students looking to make some money while studying at the university. Some of these jobs include:
- Delivering food for restaurants in the area (e.g., Pizza Hut, Domino’s)
- Doing data entry work from home (e.g., typing information into spreadsheets)
- Working as a personal assistant for someone who is unable to do things like grocery shopping or emailing back and forth with other people (e.g., an elderly person living by themselves)
- Answering phone calls and sending emails for businesses based in the area (e.g., local hotels or real estate companies)
- Participating in market research panels where you are asked questions about products or services by trained professionals (e.g., toothpaste brands or car models)
Don't Miss In Computer Science Scholarships
Study In Canada With Fully Funded McGill University Computer Science Scholarships for International Students
Study Computer Science at the McGill University with Fully Funded Scholarships for...Gift Monica Continue Reading
Study In Canada With Fully Funded University of Toronto Computer Science Scholarships for International Students
Study Computer Science at the University of Toronto with Fully Funded Scholarships...Gift Monica Continue Reading
Study In Canada With Fully Funded Concordia University Computer Science Scholarships for International Students
Study Computer Science at the Concordia University with Fully Funded Scholarships for...Gift Monica Continue Reading
Study In Canada With Fully Funded Carleton University Computer Science Scholarships for International Students
Study Computer Science at the Carleton University with Fully Funded Scholarships for...Gift Monica Continue Reading
Others Are Reading In Study Abroad
Study in Canada with Fully Funded Medicine Scholarships in Canada for International Students
Study Medicine in Canada with Fully Funded Scholarships for International StudentsGift Monica Continue Reading
Study In US With Fully Funded Stanford University Engineering Scholarships for International Students
Study Engineering at the Stanford University with Fully Funded Scholarships for International...Gift Monica Continue Reading
Fully Funded Work And Study In Canada Scholarships For International Students (Tuition Free)
Fully funded Study In Canada Scholarships for international students you can apply...Gift Monica Continue Reading
Study in Canada with Fully Funded Architecture Scholarships in Canada for International Students
Study Architecture in Canada with Fully Funded Scholarships for International StudentsGift Monica Continue Reading