325 AM ETTorKristian KarlsenFacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmail
An 80 million signing from Southampton in 2018, centreback Virgil van Dijk has been a transformative player for Liverpool, helping the club to win the Champions League and Premier League titles and finishing second behind Lionel Messi in the Ballon d’Or voting in 2019.
However, this season his form has dipped and, while the whole team has had its ups and downs, it’s been especially noticeable in such an influential player.
Though it’s premature to suggest that Liverpool should be looking to replace the Netherlands international in the first XI, he turns 32 in July and has a contract that expires in two years, which suggests they could bring in a younger centreback this summer to spend a season as his understudy.
- Editor’s Picks
- Messi, Gundogan, Thuram among top free agents to sign this summer7dTorKristian Karlsen
- 7 top young players who will be summer transfer targets14dTorKristian Karlsen
- Who are the 39 best male soccer players age 21 or under21dTorKristian Karlsen
- Josko Gvardiol, 20, RB LeipzigTransfer value 75m
- Kim MinJae, 25, NapoliTransfer value 50m
- Ronald Araujo, 24, BarcelonaTransfer value 70m
- Alessandro Bastoni, 24, Inter MilanTransfer value 55m
- Edmond Tapsoba, 24, Bayer LeverkusenTransfer value 30m
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!